It’s been some months now since my last entry, which was all about living with focus; and living with focus is exactly what I have done. Apart from work and a social life, here’s what I’ve been up to: I’ve…
- travelled across the United States, from Boston to New Orleans;
- established a regular habit of reflection and meditation;
- moved into a beautiful new office space in a good part of town;
- doubled the number of strict pull-ups I can manage;
- explored old ruins with the Urban Explorers of Singapore;
- started writing several scenes for a new play;
- and finished reading almost 17 books of Homer’s epic poem The Odyssey, in Ancient Greek.
Life has fallen into a clear and steady rhythm, and I’m reminded of Nietzsche’s lines Die Welt ist tief, Und tiefer als der Tag gedacht — “The world is deep, and deeper than the day bethought.” I first encountered those lines in the Fourth Movement of Mahler’s Symphony No. 3, and they’ve stuck with me ever since.
I am much clearer, these days, about who I am and what I stand for. But for now, just a quick note to say I’m still here, still going, still listening to the music of the world.
Leave a Reply